Friday, January 22, 2010

Clif Protein Bars Are Energy Bars (Clif Bars, Balance Bars, Power Bars, Etc.) A Good Source Of Protein For Vegetarian Athletes?

Are Energy Bars (Clif Bars, Balance Bars, Power Bars, etc.) A Good Source Of Protein For Vegetarian Athletes? - clif protein bars

I switched to a vegetarian diet during the week and a half. I do not eat dairy, so I'm not vegan.

I am also a driver who registers an average of 40 miles per week, so that the diet is very important for me.

For proteins, I have always been:
Skim milk with my cereal.
Cheese products (ravioli).
Almonds and cashews.

I still feel a bit exhausted, and I am worried about my fat protein sources.

That is, what are some good, some healthy protein for meat consumption? Energy bars are a good food? They are rich in refined sugars and calories, but they seem to have much protein. Suggestions for a novice vegetarian, wants to stay a vegetarian?

8 comments:

  1. I work about 6 days / week. I do not know about 40 miles (wow run!), But a combination of intense cardio, weights and light exercises like yoga and Pilates.

    I am a vegetarian and I like Clif Bar, you are delicious and filling the void for me after the lifting of heavy loads.
    I think you're eating on the right track with nuts not - just more than a handful per day, because you worry about fat.
    For the protein, how many beans. Also in the quinoa. It is the hand unit is a complete protein. The taste is acquired ... Remember to clarify, first to.
    If you agree with tofu, which is an excellent source of protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Energy bars are not a dietary supplement, by an effort of imagination. They are a high-calorie snack with some extra protein, and are not so healthy.

    Try some tofu ... rich in protein and low fat. They have all kinds of flavors and recipes. I'm not a vegetarian, but I do not have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. clif bars are very tasty and have lots of protein, but mostly I let the weak and remorse. I do not know much about the diet of athletes, but I suggest eating a little more natural, less processed foods

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat tofu, or if you do not receive supplemental protein nearest GNC. Beans, like many other legumes are a good source of protein for vegetarians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, because for tin can be a strong enough Athletes

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you say, are chocolate bars

    ReplyDelete
  7. Protein bars are often misleading, you really read the ingredients, they are vegetarian protein products, many of which are animal products like gelatin, etc. Although the choice to be vegetarian, almonds, walnuts and other nuts are a good source of protein and good fats. The egg and tofu and soy products are also an important source of protein high. I would try to prevent proteins and to the use of natural sources of protein if you want to try the energy bar just read the ingredients carefully. Complan is a good guy drinking milk shake thats rich in protein and used only for dairy products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Protein bars are often misleading, you really read the ingredients, they are vegetarian protein products, many of which are animal products like gelatin, etc. Although the choice to be vegetarian, almonds, walnuts and other nuts are a good source of protein and good fats. The egg and tofu and soy products are also an important source of protein high. I would try to prevent proteins and to the use of natural sources of protein if you want to try the energy bar just read the ingredients carefully. Complan is a good guy drinking milk shake thats rich in protein and used only for dairy products.

    ReplyDelete